Recipe Carrian’s Obsession Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe – A perfectly sweet and flaky biscuit that makes for the most delicious summer treat! It’s all made from scratch, and you’ll never make strawberry shortcake any other way again!

rry-shortcake-with-sweet-cream-biscuits-4-700x1050.jpg

Strawberry shortcake is my obsession. I will choose it over almost any other dessert, and I also don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be eaten for breakfast too! Just sayin’! Even visiting The Cheesecake Factory, I tend to order a fresh strawberry shortcake. It’s my thing. And I’ve tested and tested the perfect sweet cream biscuit for strawberry shortcakes, exactly how to prepare strawberries and the best whipped cream to serve alongside it.

Strawberry shortcake has been my obsession since I was little. Every summer my parents would gather us kids to pick out seeds to plant in our garden and berries were always my choice. We would work so hard to keep that big garden growing. Or so I thought. Now that I’m a mother I can see how hard my littles work for about 10 minutes which to them feels like hours so I’m sure that was probably the same growing up.

Either way, by the time dad called out to head in and get cleaned up we were all starving. Mom would run to the store and buy a bag of fried chicken and “jo-jo’s”. Oh I loved those little fried potato wedges! But best of all was when Mom would pull out those little individual angel food cakes, those little circles sealed in packages, and slice up juicy strawberries for strawberry shortcake.

It was heaven.

(more…)

The post Carrian’s Obsession Strawberry Shortcake Recipe appeared first on Oh Sweet Basil.

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back