Coffee Grounds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have access to a 5 gallon pail daily mon-fri from work
What can I do with them? I know azaleas and rhodies like them
I've put a couple pails in the compost bin.

Coffee grounds are great for earth worms and the worms will enrich the soil. So put the grounds around the base of the trees.

With access to such an amount of coffee grounds I´d set up an extra compost, to be mixed with charcoal and wood ashes to get some kind of Terra Preta, which a lot of different plants like very much.

Well,I am here and i agree with your reviews about the coffee ground because such a nice and informative sharing.Coffee is so good for
good health and get good energy because it is the best source of the anti-oxidant.Most of the people like the coffee for reduce the extra
body fat.

Lucky you! Coffee grounds are an in-between (not considered brown or green) for compost. Also, you can use it as mulch for your plants.

I would have to agree with everything above. You can make compost out of just the coffee grounds by taking 1/2 gallon and adding 1 cup of soil. Cover it and put it in a closet. Shake it up once a week. That is my 2nd favorite thing to do. My first is to just add it to the worm bin. As stated, worms love the rich grounds, and nothing is better for your garden then worm castings. Another thing I did recently was put about 3 cups or so of coffee grounds in some cheese cloth and let it steep in a gallon of water. Then I toss the grounds to the worms and water my plants with that during the week.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back