Daylilies Show me yours!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

these are the flowers growing in my front yard/garden, I'm not sure if these are day lillies but they look like some kind of lilly :) what ever kind of flowers these are they are really pretty and they have been growing every summer for the past 2 summers we have lived here :)

View attachment 2701

View attachment 2702

View attachment 2703

Oh yes, those are daylilies! They're beautiful and hardy, a combination that's hard to beat. I love surprises like that in a new yard, don't you?

I saw something labeled as a "swamp sunflower" some years back at a plant swap. A master gardener that was there gave a haughty sniff and declared "That's nothing but a ditch weed!" Well, after it had been snubbed like that I had to have it. That fall the "ditch weed" produced 8 to 10 foot spikes of sunny yellow flowers in the front garden. They were beautiful! All fall people walking by would stop and ask what they were, and I would smugly tell them " Just a ditch weed."

Here they are: http://www.stonethegardener.com/sun/sunflowers.html

Ron, beautiful! I especially love the last 3 in post 34 and the 1st one in post 35!!

Everyone!---Gorgeous daylilies! thank you for sharing!!

Crabber! Great for YOU!

Excellent blooms All!

I like and grow some lilies,I find them interesting .I mostlly like the fregrant ones even though you have to have your belly to the soil to smell some *LOL

Here are some of my lilies.
Asiatic Lilies are fragrant along with my fav lily the orange/yellow blend.

Kale:)

Attachments

• Asia red.jpg
    Asia red.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Crim.jpg
    Crim.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 281
  • fav lily.jpg
    fav lily.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 292
  • white2.jpg
    white2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3968.jpg
    IMG_3968.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 289
Hope I didn't post the same pics*LOL
These are the ones I have been placing in a folder so I can post *lol
I have more*lol

a few more pics... My Lilies..:):)

Attachments

• orangyellow.jpg
    orangyellow.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 274
  • orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 286
  • white1.jpg
    white1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 287
You are welcomed..:)
Crimson Asiatic Lily is the second one.
My Mil bought them $1 each :D
for my bd which is in Dec.,I just stuck them where the soil wasnt frozen and left them there,many didn't make it.
and the ones that did I am afraid to move ,they had a really weird root system, (no real corms or tubers,rhizomes) I have never seen*lol
Not real much on multiplying.actually non of my favorites are :( Been waiting for years for that Hemerocallis lilioasphodelus (yellow/ orange(center pic post43)) very soft fragrant lily to multiply!

Blueaussi the "Swamp Sunflowers" are beautiful.I LOVE sunflowers & grow many varieties!
Also have some "ditch daylilies" here & there ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back