Eastern Bluebirds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I was really suprised to see these eastern bluebirds today. I thought they arrived in the spring. Buford had told me about 2 weeks ago that he saw them trying to get in one of the houses but the wrens were running them away. I thought they were migratory birds but I must be wrong. I'm going to have to read up on them. Sorry the pics. aren't very good but I was taking them thru a window.

Attachments

• Bluebird 1.jpg
    Bluebird 1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Bluebird 2.jpg
    Bluebird 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Bluebird 3.jpg
    Bluebird 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Bluebird 6.jpg
    Bluebird 6.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Bluebird 8.jpg
    Bluebird 8.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
That's so cool Maggie!
Been seeing American Goldfinch flitting around the shrubbery along the beach.
I don't feed them because they become too dependent on it rather then going off and finding seeds in my garden! They love Gaillardia seeds so I don't cut them down in the fall!

Are they eating a suet cake? I didnt know they liked it
We won't get them until the end of March here
Thanks for sharing

Some of the suet cakes have insects in them, Laurie. It's surprising the variety found in those things.

Ron, my goldfinches are beginning to show color. I feed mine niger seed all year long.
Laurie that is a suet cake they are eating. I bought one from tractor supply that was for bluebirds. I didn't know I even had any this time of year and I was really suprised when I saw them on the suet cake. I did a search on them and learned that they are here year round. The indigo bunting bluebirds are only here thru the summer. They arrive in late march. I have a few of those to. I do love my birds.

I love watching the blue bird's.Their here year round .I have seen them this week checking out the house's also.Sure hope they wait awhile yet before starting a nest.

Maggie, ours are still in their drab fall and winter color!
Watched a flock of robins fly by this morning! There are a lot of them that do not head south, but stay and feed on berries and crabapples!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back