Grass Clippings As Mulch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

When you use grass clippings do you...

• Total voters

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I think it is the first pages you are remembering crabber...or not ...also have brain parts missing :)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Debe,
We are in good company with each other. I can't remember GG from GH from GF or Ft, from Fb, or FV LOL!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I am so glad to hear this my dear...as I know I am not old...I think just overwhelmed at times...LOL;) that's my story and I am sticking to it ...

tommycs

I try to gather some nice crisp straw, make sure it has no seeds in it, and lay it about 4 or 5 inches thick throughout my whole garden. It usually lasts me all season without the sight of a single weed, drainage is no issue as the water goes right through to the plant. Best of all it usually decomposes by next year and provides for a nice head start for next years compost. If i do use my grass clippings I usually use them fresh out of the bag.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another member "mr_yan" shared this clip with us about mulching. I thought it was wonderful enough to post again in this thread.http://backtoedenfilm.com/ thank you mr_yan!

I still continue to use my grass clippings and yes I have used the wood chips also, but I did learn from this video that I can apply the techniques they talk about and have even better success.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com