Growing roots in water?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I recently saw a video on youtube of a woman who had glass containers in her window sill with water in it. She had a tomato branch, green onion, and some other branches from a veggie plant. She claimed that you could grow roots from a stem and form a new plant.

Did I see this right? And does it work for any broken off branch that I could grow a new plant in water?

I know you can start many plants from cuttings... right now I have spider plants, pothos,
ivy and several others in water.
I have never heard of rooting veggies this way.

Never heard of rooting veggies this way, but hey - I learn something new everyday! :p If you try it, let us know how it goes.
Also, when trying to root other plants, putting a sprig of willow in the water will help them root. Might help with this too?? :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back