hardening off loophole

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mr_yan

Well I'm looking for a loophole in hardening off. If I start seeds indoors with additional heat to germinate quickly but then remove them and put them in a cool garden as soon as they break the surface am I shooting myself in the foot? The ground is still cool but it is plenty warm enough out to grow. If I start the seeds indoors I can cut germination time almost in half relative to direct sowing.

I've been hardening off ghost peppers recently. Kept them in full shade for maybe two days this week and two days of morning sun only. Forgot to move them to shade today and they look like happy campers. No wilt at all. Try full shade for 2 days and morning sun only for 2 days. You may be able to get them to full sun in a week, but it all depends on the individual plant.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back