Hawk

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

When he/she flies in all my other birds disappear.

Attachments

• Hawk.jpg
    Hawk.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 334
An American Kestral!
We have a lot of this little guys around!
Around here they are nick-named Sparrow Hawks!
They prefer to eat small birds!

We have a Red-Tail hawk that likes to sit in a tree in our pasture out back. He is a pretty big fellow. We also have a smaller hawk but I haven't determined which species it is. It is either a Sharp-Shinned or a Cooper's Hawk. There is more than one of them too. We see them quite often. I saw one almost nail a mourning dove just a few feet from me (about 10 or 12). I think the hawk didn't see me until the attack and my presence disrupted him. There were some feathers flying, but the dove got away.

I love to see the hawks hunting my garden. I , like Randy have red tail and red should hawks.
We have a pair of mating eagles that hunt our river bank in front og our house at day break and dusk. I haven't been able to catch them though. Tim is going to build me a blind so I can shoot from there. Right now the river coots are in by the 1000's. When they take flight it is the most awesome sound. You can actually hear their wings flutter. So cool!

Thanks Maggie,
had a red tail take off with one of our chickens a few years back...my grandson was a bit upset about it...but he understood that is part of life..

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back