Hello from Miami :)

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Welcome, I am also in Florida more towards St. Augustine. Love gardening in Fl. You are in a perfect year round gardening zone. Have you considered looking into a community garden? you usually can secure a 10X 10 plot for little to no money. Contact your local ag center or county commissioner.

I help out with Roots in the City when I have time, no real community garden downtown :)

My balcony is full of planters so I'm happy, for now.

img0157medium.jpg

It's actually really dirty up close lol, I spilled a planter the other day while planting, and can't quite get the mud out of the concrete.

Even in the torrential downpour, the rain doesn't really hit the balcony since the wind only blows north/east/west, never south (I face north) :/

great looking balcony. I did that for 5 years then I moved into a house with some dirt. Good to see you on here.

I just found this website. There is a cool thing on using your fish tank for growing veggies. Thought it was neat. You maybe could apply it to you balcony. Seems you can grow more plants in less space.

http://bioponica.org/farm-in-a-box/

I thought about those but they're a little overpriced :(

My 20g aquarium inside is pretty much the same thing. Also what limits me outside is only 1-2 hours of direct sun a day, oh and I can't really run electricity to power a water pump. Can't wait till I get a house, aquaponics backyard!

Interesting place to live! Love your plants out on the balcony!! ( you did wonders ) Welcome aboard and have fun with us all too!!! :p :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back