Help ID this beautiful shrub

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

I see this around my neighborhood, so I know it can grow. I want to place it along both sides of my driveway, where it would get full sun (but the pics are obviously in full sun as well). What is it?

20230904_110023.jpg20230904_110028.jpg 20230904_110017.jpg

Possibly, although if I can ID it, I'll find out when I can plant it. I want it to replace some large junipers along our driveway, so I'm not sure it would be a great candidate to take a branch and root it. That might take a while to grow out.

I agree, the color is beautiful.

Any idea what it is?

Ask the owner for a few cuttings..you might be able to root them! Love the color!!

Paul
Have no idea on this one!
Well if you don't know, I doubt anyone does, but I'll still come back here to see if anyone else does.

Maybe I should just go to a nursery and see if the folks there can spot it. I'll do that if I have to. I definitely want this along my driveway.

You should talk to the neighbor who has them....they may know where it comes from....it may not be native....could be from the Mediterranean...

I doubt its native, I live in the desert. This is too colorful. I'm pretty sure they got it from a nursery.

You should talk to the neighbor who has them....they may know where it comes from....it may not be native....could be from the Mediterranean...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back