Holly bush issues

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mfsinger

Another year begins! I've been assisting a senior citizen friend with her yard for three years. During that time, I have been battling a black fungus/mold. It's been difficult but I thought we had it under control last year. I haven't paid any attention to her bushes this past winter. Yesterday was the first day I've seen them in about 5 months. They are nearly bald. The black fungus is still there but not nearly as bad as it was previously. There seems to be some growth starting to pop up but I'm not sure if it's too late. There are actually 4 bushes all in a row but appear to be just one. It's worse on one end. I'm just wondering if I should cut down the end one which is the worst or if I should do so something else and let it go for awhile. Thanks as always.

We have a very large holly but have never had the fungus issue. I would contact your county extension service and talk with one of the local master gardeners in your area.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back