Italian Prune Plums

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Serpentlady9

Yesterday at our grocery store I bought three Italian prune plums that were very dusty in color. I thought they were ripe but when I ate one it didn't taste sweet or ripe. How will I know if the last two are ripe. I have refrigerated them are they supposed to go from a dusty color to another color the one I ate was somewhat soft. If anyone knows how to tell when a Italian prune plum is ready to eat please let me know I have two that are dusty

My experience has been that if they were getting soft, they would be getting sweeter also. The dusty appearance is normal and the Italian plums we have here are purple when ready to pick.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back