It's Just Me

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

White_Wolfe

Hi,

Love to garden but haven't really had one for a while.....well that's not exactly true, but I don't think many of you would call what I had last spring/summer a garden. We had a water shortage, water restrictions and it was hot, hot, hot. Just finally gave up on trying to keep up. Haven't planted a "garden" since then due to some health problems but still have my potted plants.

Animals are my first love, especially dogs. I just lost one of my "boys" a few weeks ago, a 65 pound Australian Shepherd/Chow mix. Still have three "BIG boys; an 85 pound Lab/Chow mix, A 125 pound White German Shepherd (looks just like my avatar) and a 125 pound Red Sable German Shepherd. They are all rescues.

Just trying to make it thru the next 2-3 years so my boys and I will be free to travel.

Looking forward to being a part of GF.

Welcome White Wolf it's great to have you here.
Your dogs sound like they are beautiful and wonderful friends. I have little dogs.
Again Welcome

Hi WW and welcome to the forum. You'll have a great time here as we're all friendly and helpful to each other, enjoy yourself!

Good to see you. I used to have a chow when I lived in a small town in the middle of no where. I also had an Australian shepherd. Now I have a little? weinny/min pin mix. I love dogs.

don't worry you are a gardener even if you only have pots. I was there once and I am not planting anything new in the garden this year I think. I'm finishing my degree and will be tied up this summer taking 4 courses to graduate in Dec. I know about water restrictions and hot. I live in Austin and it was miserable here last summer. We are still under water restrictions this winter but it has been raining some.

Hey White Wolf,
Welcome. Glad to have you. We also have a Blue Wolf as a member. That's kinda cool.
Looking forward to getting to know you.

Thanx everyone for the welcome. Crabbergirl, where is West Tocoi, Fl. I was born, raised and still live in South Fl........am 6th generation, but I don't think I've ever heard of West Tocoi.......of course there are a lot of small towns in Fl that I've probably never heard of. I was raised on the South end of Lake Okeechobee and still live within 100 miles.

I just found you Crabbergirl. Like I said, lots of towns I've never heard of and I'm sure you have never heard of the town I was raised in. I was born in Panama City but moved to the Glades when I was about 3. My son attended UF and I have a sister who lives about 26 miles south of Daytona.

Thanx everyone for the welcome. Crabbergirl, where is West Tocoi, Fl. I was born, raised and still live in South Fl........am 6th generation, but I don't think I've ever heard of West Tocoi.......of course there are a lot of small towns in Fl that I've probably never heard of. I was raised on the South end of Lake Okeechobee and still live within 100 miles.
Florida sure does have a lot of small towns! Don't blink or you will miss one. :D
Oh I love Okeechobee! I lived in Key West for 10 years and floated a lot in s. Fl. for a few years. How I ended up here is anyone's guess.I suppose it was because I was born and raised in St. Augustine. I am just a stones throw across the St. Johns River from St.Augustine and between Green Cove Springs & Palatka. VEry small little community with only about 35 full time residents. There is a little town call Bostwick that is on the map that borders us to the south, they have about 2100 residents. But we are all considered part of Palatka. We do like our individuality though;)
I am jealous of your zone. You have a great gardening zone!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back