Lizzards Gone Wild!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ouch! This had to hurt!
I was on my way out to the garden when out of the corner of my eye I caught something on the deck railing. These guys were hanging vertical on the railing. I snapped a few pics I thought were interesting and then broke up the fight. These are known as "anoles" and are everywhere around here. Our kids always had these as their first pets that lived in their rooms. ( other than our pets).
Here's looking at you. What great eye shadow the males have when they are in fight mode!

Attachments

• eye.JPG
    eye.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 361
  • Just1.JPG
    Just1.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 345
  • Just2.JPG
    Just2.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Just3.JPG
    Just3.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 352
Hahaha!
They are so cute!
Must be mating season if the males are fighting over territory!

I only get a glance at them as the dogs like to chase them. I think my dog has learned not to eat them as they make him sick. but he still loves to chase them off of the deck.

I have one dog that is lizard crazy! She hunts them all the time. She will smell them out of any where!

There's lizard's here on everything.I hate them to jump off on me.I went out to water my tomato's and one jumped off the wall where I turned on the water.It was on my arm I had to dance a jig and sling that little joker off .Oh my goodness.Glad no one was watching...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back