Making Your Home Healthier and Happier with Plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

N

Nikki Tilley

For some of us that garden, being surrounded by plants is one of the greatest feelings in the world. And there’s actually some scientific truth that backs this up – called biophilia. Just being around nature and plants can bring about a sense of peace. What if you’re not a gardener? No worries. Studies have shown that even having only a houseplant or two can lower anxiety and blood pressure, decrease stress, and increase concentration.

Bringing the Outdoors In

It seems like technology is keeping more people indoors these days (sad but true). And even if you do get outdoors, you may not always have the time or space for a full-fledged garden. So why not reap the benefits of a healthy life by growing plants indoors. Not only will they make you happier, but many of them will also help with purifying your home while adding visual interest to your indoor décor. It doesn’t really matter what types of plants you surround yourself with, but if you’re looking for a good way to “bring the outdoors in,” then Wild Interiors® can help.

Their plants are grown and distributed by Green Circle Growers, a family-owned and operated company, and you’re sure to find something that meets your particular style. Inspired by the “wild” look of the outdoors, Wild Interiors offers a number of easy-care foliage and succulent plants that will turn your drab interior into a wild oasis, maybe even a tropical one. You can create a tranquil escape with plants from their Bohemian Dreams collection or choose something simpler from the Desert Retreat succulent selections. Perhaps, forest adventures are more your thing…they have plants for Woodland Whimsy too.

Just a few of my favorites include the colorful Wandering jew/Zebrina (Tradescantia zebrina), Baby Rubber Plant (Peperomia obtusifolia) and Umbrella Tree (Shefflera arboricola). I’m confident you’ll find a favorite too.

Wild Interiors also provides care instructions and information on specific benefits each plant provides, as well as a guide to pet-friendly plants (look for the paw print icon). Whatever you choose, all plants have benefits and by adding them to your home, you can take advantage of them. It’s so nice to know that my hubby’s complaints that I have far too many plants can be countered with actual scientific proof that having these around makes our lives better. The more the merrier!

The post Making Your Home Healthier and Happier with Plants appeared first on Gardening Know How's Blog.

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back