My Charleston Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouses & Sheds Etc' started by PhyllisAR, Feb 20, 2016.

1. PhyllisAR

PhyllisAR New Member

Hi Everyone:

I haven't seen anyone post here recently, so I thought I'd pop on and add some pics of what's growing in the greenhouse today. I would love to see what you all are growing too. I love this time of year and our last frost date is mid March, so not too far to go. Had a bit of a problem with some aphids and rather than infest the greenhouse I got rid of my moon flowers and morning glories (I am planting more today). I now go around and look at everything every few days and zap the plants in the sink with a strong stream of water with a spray bottle or the hose and it's seems to be working. It seems like they just love kale, unfortunately for them, so do I so they have a fight on their hands, of which I hope to win :>)
    greenhouse6.jpg greenhouse2.png greenhouse3.png greenhouse4.png
    RonsGarden likes this.
  2. PhyllisAR

PhyllisAR New Member

A few more :>) was nice and warm in there yesterday, happy plants.
    greenhouse7.jpg greenhouse8.jpg greenhouse9.jpg greenhouse10.jpg
    RonsGarden likes this.
  3. RonsGarden

RonsGarden Super Moderator Staff Member

Very nice set up Phyllis!
    Always wished I had a greenhouse.
    Aphids can become a problem in such a closed environment. There are some safe treatments you can use to to control them....You could try rubbing alcohol for spot treatments! This will also kill white flies!
  4. New Member

For how long do you have that greenhouse? My timber greenhouse is after 15 years, unfortunately, beyond repair, and I'm thinking about a replacement.
    RonsGarden likes this.