My new house plant hobby.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

After last summer's heat wave I decided to try growing plants indoors. It's working! :) There are green and red peppers on my hot pepper plants in the window and all my other indoor plants are doing great!

Anyway, here's 2 more plants I got yesterday for my collection! :D
The 1st one is called Croton "Superstar". It's a 10 foot tall tropical shrub that's common in Florida. Since it's a zone 10-11 plant, I'll be growing mine in a huge pot by a sunny window.

The 2nd plant is called Philodendron "Silver" or Devil's Ivy. It's also a tropical zone 10-11 plant and I've decided to grow mine on a support instead of hanging. I'm going to add side supports and train it to look like a tree, lol. :D

6744596069_6c4197d993_z.jpg

Croton "Superstar" by Trax, on Flickr

6744598825_9747ca58b3_z.jpg

Philodendron "Silver" by Trax, on Flickr

I already had a variegated Heartleaf Philodendron, Purple Heart plant, and a Angel Wing Begonia.
Some other plants I'll be getting soon are a Passiflora Foetida, a Desert Sweet Fernbush, a Dieffenbachia Seguine, and some type of Colocasia but I haven't decided which kind yet.

Last edited:
Yeah young Crabber is right Trax, they thrive here too. The more heat and humidity the better they love it! Drafts are no good for them either, if you find them a good spot they'll love you for it! They also get a bit of leaf drop if they get too dry too. Can't wait to see them get bigger.

Thanks guyz and thanks for the tips! :) I didn't know about the drafts thing and I def needa find a way to give it more light. But it's still looking good right now and so is the philodendron. :D We have a small humidifier so I think I'll try that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back