Noob from backacrehomestead.com

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

baconexplosion

Hello everyone!

Total noob gardener here. Love to, but usually my garden ends up looking like a weed jungle.

Hopefully I can learn a thing or two. You can find out a little bit about me at http://backacrehomestead.com

BTW, I can't wait for spring as it's snowing at the moment... :mad:

Welcome to our forum Noob!
Sounds like you need a lot of help!
There is a lot of gardening info available throughout the forum thread topics!
If you have any questions feel free to ask! There's usually one of us on!

Hi Noob! Welcome. The art of self reliance is becoming once again "important' to select groups of people , much like it did in the 70's.
You have come to the right spot for your garden questions. I checked out your site quickly , but didn't see where you actually are geographically. Let us know what you need help with in the way of gardening and we will be glad to share ideas and processes with you.

Welcome to the forum! :) Cool blog. I liked the article about the earthquakes. The last one we had shook the house so hard I almost couldn't walk, lol.
Btw, it usually takes maybe 2 summers of digging to get a garden mostly weed free. It's important to get rid of the weed roots too.

Welcome b.e. interesting handle there lol. Hey love the blog, very interesting homesteading can be tough but very rewarding once you get everything right. Hope it all goes well for you!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I think my modus operandi around here is to be a sponge, and soak up as much as I can...

As for the garden this year, I may not get to do a whole lot. We have a baby due in April! Super excited! But between work, the baby, and my blog, I may not get to do as much outdoors as I would like.

You guys are going to have to let me garden vicariously through your posts I think! lol

Thanks again!

CONGRATULATIONS! babies are great. Don't let the wee one keep you house bound. I "drug" both my kids up in the garden and to this day they both have sustinance gardens of their own!
Here is some food for the sponge...LOL!
This past weekend I had the chance to play a little, I planted my spinach, lettuce second plantings of cilantro, parsley and broccoli.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back