Pitcher Plant help???

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

dragunzgirl

I bought a NICE good sized pitcher plant about 2 months ago, well IT had some nice pitchers on it and was doing very very good.

We hung it out side under our over hang so it only gets one part of sun in the day time. We have been keeping it moist and i have seen bugs in the pitchers.

BUT a few weeks ago some of the pitchers mostly the smaller ones started turning brown and drying out dieing off... There are a few large pitchers sense i had the plant, they are just fine still.

U can see in this pic the smaller ones are all turning brown and drying up.. The big ones are ok..
DSC_0196-2.jpg

The pitcher plant you have is a tropical one and loves high humidity!
So low humidity may be the problem.
Try misting the plant a few times a day.
You say it gets part sun, would that be morning sun, or afternoon sun?

The pitcher plant you have is a tropical one and loves high humidity!
So low humidity may be the problem.
Try misting the plant a few times a day.
You say it gets part sun, would that be morning sun, or afternoon sun?

It gets a good mist every day i can get some one to do it more than once a day if needed. Also afternoon sun is what goes under the over hang.

Also afternoon sun is what goes under the over hang.
That is the problem! They cannot handle afternoon sun!
They are best in bright shade with early morning sun!
No amount of misting will prevent sun scorch!

That is the problem! They cannot handle afternoon sun!
They are best in bright shade with early morning sun!
No amount of misting will prevent sun scorch!

omg... i feel so bad :(... dang an thats a good spot to have it to. I'll figure out what to do. TY so much for replying back.

Don't feel bad, we all make mistakes! It is how we learn!
Took me a bit to figure out your cultural problem! I'm still learning too!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back