seed catalogs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

rockhound

A few days ago I got a Pinetree Seeds catalog in the mail. Expecting a few more before the end of the year. Sadly, one company I deal with has gone over to all-internet, that is, no printed catalog. I won't be dealing with them any more unless they get in something rare (and cheap), LOL. Do you like to read the physical book or can you make do with the scant www info before you order?

I start getting seedling catalogs around late jan.......then they come in droves......sort of takes the winter blues away as you look at your old favorites, or what you want for this yr in your garden......I enjoy them......but with the cost of postage, I guess everyone is looking for a way to cut costs......so looking on the internet is just another option.....

I order everything online but do like hard copies of reference materials. This idea extends to ebooks too. I prefer reading on the eReaders (we're about to buy our third device) but I want some of my reference books in the dead tree edition.

I consider many seed catalogs reference material but won't allow many to stack up around the house, I only have one on the book shelf which was sent for the 2012 season order.

I've ordered from Johnny's, Main Potato Lady, Territorial, and I think Park.

Dominion Seed House just arrived!
I love looking through it for ideas but haven't ordered from them in years because they are way too expensive!
Online on other sites I can get the same seed for 1/3 the price after working in the US/CA exchange rate.....shipping is cheaper too, and there's no 13% HST tax!!!

I also got an copy of the Pinetree Seeds catalog last week...along with a catalog to order berry and fruit trees...I was walking that day and it was large so I left it at the Post Office. Seems they come earlier and earlier each year. I normally save seeds from year to year..or buy local organic seeds...but I do love to look through the cataloga...they also make good paper to cut and make seed envelopes

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back