Suggestions for tree replacement

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

syed_altaf

Hello,
I had this large Pear Tree that was too close to the house. I got rid of it last spring. Looking for a replacement tree. Need to be small so it won't be problem for the house. Some kind of accent tree?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Also have these rose bushes that I need to get rid of. Any suggestions also welcome.

Thanks

*** Photo attached.

Attachments

• home front with tree small.jpg
    home front with tree small.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 337
What kind of tree do you want?
I will not say any place is the best but I will tell you the little I know.
I bought 2 Pear trees, 1 Apple tree, 2 Cherry trees, and 1 Nectarine tree (last one today) from Home Depot and Lowes. Along with Blue Berries and Black Berries. Everything I have bought from them has done well.
Some have not grown much as they were planted late in the year. Pear tree planted first grew a good 2 1/2 feet.
At any rate if you want a fruit tree the Nectarine I bought today is a dwarf that is supposed to max out at 6' tall and 10' wide. At most.

If your not looking for something specific, look around a nuseries, Home Depot/Lowes and see what they have. Just be sure to read the label and see how tall and wide it will get.

Spose I can also add it cost all of $10 dollars. And a pic to go with. My 6 year old daughter standing next to it. She even had to help plant it.

P1000330.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back