Sunflower seed question

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

FloralDaddy

My sunflowers were pretty much dead so I cut the heads off and took the seeds out. When are the seeds ready to plant? Heres a pic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342714166.444402.jpg

I plant mine as soon as I harvest them.
It all depends on what zone you are in and how much time you have before your next frost. You can reserve some for next year's plantings as well. Just make sure they are completely dry before storing. I spread mine out on newspaper for several weeks before storing for next year.

Yes, let the seeds get good and dry. Try one or two to make sure they are full and not flat, then save them until after your frost-free date in spring and plant.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back