Your photo has been moved...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I did some re-organizing in the photo gallery, re-naming a few categories, getting rid of a couple, adding a few new ones etc. I also shuffled the photos around a bit.

If your photo got moved, you may have gotten one of those silly "We thought your photo fit this category better" e-mails. If so, my apologies. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. The e-mails are simply to let you know your photo was moved, so if you happen to look for it in the old location and can't find it, you won't think we deleted it.

Picking categories is definitely subjective, and a lot of photos can go in more than one. If I move your photo, don't worry about it, please don't be offended and hopefully you'll understand my thinking. If you strongly disagree, let me know.

I got a bunch of those but was not offended. I figured you know more about photos than I'll ever know. I have some more pictures to upload. I'll try to do that today. Thanks for all of your hard work Bob.

I got a bunch of those but was not offended. I figured you know more about photos than I'll ever know. I have some more pictures to upload. I'll try to do that today. Thanks for all of your hard work Bob.

Looking forward to more of your photos. As for knowing more about photography, it's not about that at all. It's simply doing some organizing. What pictures go in which category. Very arbitrary and subjective. Give the task to 10 people, and you'll get 10 answers. ;)

Yes this is true Bob, but your photos are all so amazing. You see things in a different perspective than I do. Of course every 1000 photos or so I get a great one too.

Yes this is true Bob, but your photos are all so amazing. You see things in a different perspective than I do. Of course every 1000 photos or so I get a great one too.

Thank you Lyn, I appreciate the compliment. Of course not all of my photos are amazing. That's the first trick of a good photographer, "Only show 'em your good stuff!" I've got lots of duds too. :)

There's a book out there called "Outliers" and while you really need to read the whole book to fully grasp the concept, the basic premise is that if you have a certain level of skill and aptitude in a field, to become an expert, you need to spend 10,000 hours practicing.

The important thing is that it notes there are no real "Child Prodigies" or "Naturals". There are simply gifted people who started practicing earlier than most. As an example, Mozart is often regarded as a prodigy, but he started writing music at a very young age.

This doesn't degrade his skill, nor does it imply that anyone could be that good with practice. But what it does imply is that even if you have a gift for a certain field, you still need to practice extensively to become a true master. It also required actual constructive practice, not just repetition.

So the real secret is no secret at all. Practice...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back