" z z plant " ( ever heard of it )

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PRH

Ash bought herself a plant today that I never heard of. It's called a "z z plant"! Has anyone every heard of that,by chance?? It has leaves that look like an orange tree and they go clear down the trunk of the plant ( course there are several as it really looks like branches ) - I hope too take a few pics of that and post them so you can see just what I'm talking about within the next few days ( I had to get myself another computer and well... I still am adjusting to it as I nolonger have a pc - I went Mac ) So bear with me as I try my best to figure it all out ---- I will be around as best I can!! - thanks guys!

Got to be the wise guy here.....lol

Is it a ZZ TOP plant? Does it have hats on the end of the branches and beard type looking leaves???

Sorry just could not resist and I know this will make a few ppl laugh and that is good....

Zamioculcas zamiifolia
I've see one once and it is an interesting plant.....Best not ot water it often as overwatering will kill it! Can go for months without watering but once every other week is about right! Loose free draining soil is a must if you tend to water too too often!

:D Laurie!!! :D:p:):D
Kya D - very helpful link there -- thank you!
Ron - yes,it is a very interesting plant 4 sure! ( We'll behave ourselves with the watering )
Thanks so much guys -- I still plan on doing some picture sharing with everyone soon though!! :p:D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back