Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Luke35

Cleaning bird droppings

Will soap hurt my outdoor flowers? I've heard both YES and NO in answer to this question, so I wanted to get some thoughts and opinions here and maybe some alternate cleaning ideas. We decided to put a bird feeder in the tree in our new garden in front. Our cats already spend a lot of time...
  2. Luke35

New Mantis in Residence

And another! Last night, I found another even smaller mantis in another section by a rose bush and some mulch. This fellow was REALLY small! Hopefully he'll choose to stick around as well. There he is on a rose leaf in the first two pictures and a wider angle shot of the area for frame of...
  3. Luke35

New Mantis in Residence

Last year I watered some lilies along the side of the house almost every day. Each time, I had a large green praying mantis that came up out of the lily furthest to the left and a large brown one in the lily furthest to the right. As soon as the hose hit the lily leaves, those buggers would...
  4. Luke35

Help with watering

Thank you for the tips. Just altering the time of day that I watered the poor thing made a WORLD of difference. The whole thing perked right up with a lighter morning and mid afternoon watering. -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5. Luke35

Help with watering

This spring, my wife and I transformed our front "yard" into a small flower garden. We added a number of hanging and planted flowers and a dwarf lilac to the existing magnolia tree and rose bush. So far all is well, except for a white flowered hanging basket. I'm not sure what the flower is...
  6. Luke35

Weed control from adjacent vacant property

Thanks for the additional advice. From past history, I know that the city will take months to do anything IF they do anything at all. We have a similar law where the city can send a crew in to cut grass and bill it to the property owner. But here, the city applies that law without uniformity...
  7. Luke35

Thanks x2. I will try this sometime late this evening. Hadn't thought about using cardboard to block the spray.
  8. Luke35

I live in a very small lot with very little green space. I have a chain link fence that borders an adjacent property which has been vacant for the past almost two years - a foreclosure that was just recently re-purchased by the bank. That property has not been regularly maintained and remains...
  9. Luke35

New user from Ohio

I just found and registered for the forums today. I am a registered member of quite a few other Internet forums, but this is my first foray into any gardening forums. I am usually more of a lurker than a poster in most of the forum communities I join, but will throw in my thoughts on...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back