Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

Can you identify this fruit?

Cool. I have something to look forward to. I was thinking of ways to stop it from fruiting but now I'll just trim it a bit and see how I like the fruit. I don't remember previous years, but this year there were a ton of them. It really made a mess in the yard.
  2. T

Plums? Really...hmm. Even though they don't get much bigger than a cherry? It is too late to try now, they are all gone. I wish I would have tried them... I guess I'll have to try next year.
  3. T

They are about the size of a large cherry. The tree is growing together with a mulberry tree. I am not a fan of the fruit falling in the yard but I haven't had the courage to taste them.
  4. T

This bug is eating the leaves on my rose bushes

Hmm, I haven't seen any of those guys. I'll have to take a nice long close look.
  5. T

This bug is eating the leaves on my rose bushes

What can I do about it?
  6. T

Where should I put raspberry and blueberry bushes?

I was thinking ornamental. The side of the house is adjacent to a road so it has high visibility.
  7. T

Where should I put raspberry and blueberry bushes?

Ok, check it out. I created a garden on the side of the house so my wife can have raspberry and blueberry bushes. She wants two of each. Tell me what quadrant you would recommend to put them in. I don't want it to be too crowded but I don't want to waste space either. I understand they can get...
  8. T

Butterfly Bushes

Thank you!
  9. T

Thoughts on my rose bushes?

Thanks you!
  10. T

I think there is a slight chance of freeze still but we have had an insanely warm winter so far. Any tips on pruning these? Or link to another post on the site?
  11. T

We have three knockout roses and one other type of rose. No idea what kind. Pictures of them are below. Can I prune these now? Should I? How do they look to you? I think we planted them back in 2010.
  12. T

Butterfly Bushes

Hello. My wife transplanted a butterfly bush last year. It seems to be doing really well. So far I'm not a huge fan of it because it is a pain to mow around because it hangs so low. Can these plants be staked somehow so that doesn't happen as much? Would pruning help? Below is a picture of it...
  13. T

Tim in PA

I've had the wood on Craigslist for about 2 weeks. Someone came and took part of the pile and gave me the full asking price. So far nobody has showed any interest in the rest. I should have put it all on during the winter. DOH!
  14. T

Tim in PA

We definitely got lucky! Only minor damage to the house and no damage to either of our cars. If the trees would have fallen 20 degrees the other way, BOTH cars would have been hit plus the house. All of this happened while my wife was away in China. She came home a few days later after most of...
  15. T

Tim in PA

Thank you for the welcomes. I'm going to try and get some pictures of some of our plants to night. I could use some pruning tips.
  16. T

Tim in PA

Hello everyone. I'm new to gardening forums but not to online forums. I'm also fairly new to gardening. We have been in our first house for about 2.5 years and are slowly learning how to care for our plants properly. Most of our plants that we have are pretty new. We didn't care for the...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back