Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. E

Will sawdust turn especially acidic like pine needles do?

Pine needles - when they fall on the ground and rot, they make it VERY acidic, to the point where that property dominates the ecology of pinelands areas (like in New Jersey and a few other places in the East Coast) - craberries and blueberries are native to these areas because they're one of...
  2. E

My Garden 2013

Did a huge facebook posting of the current progress, thought I'd share it here https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1543_10102769334817709_1441191520_n.jpg
  3. E

storing pre-mixed, diluted spray for instant use?

Hi all. My preferred insecticide of choice is malathion. However, it's annoying to do all the mixing in my big sprayer, then empty it and wash it out thoroughly. I recently bought this little prayer of Sevin. You just keep it around, and spray when you neeed it. It's a little sprayer, like a...
  4. E

I will get che fruit this year!

Che berry. Cudrania Tricuspidata. Related to the mulberry. Here's a description: http://www.sfgate.com/homeandgarden/article/PLANT-OF-THE-WEEK-Che-Che-or-Chinese-2585289.php Planted one a few years back, I actually got it with some sort of fuzzy white fungal disease, but it managed to...
  5. E

Inducing flowering in melon

Hi all, Edwin. Northeast NJ (zone 6?). Raised compost garden bed This year, among the other obscure vegetables I'm trying, I'm trying this kind of melon called the casabanana. Sicana odorifera. It's supposed to need a real long season to flower and ripen fruit, it's a tropical, so being...
  6. E

Poppies won't grow past seedling stage

I planted some poppies, maybe around May 15, they germinated, but they still won't get any bigger than the tiny seedling stage. I'm in Northeast New Jersey. This weekends we have a heat wave, and the weather has been... Mostly cool until now. I know the heat wave isn't great for plants so let's...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back