Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. richnkim

Impossible Pies

I make all kinds of these. Once you make one, you will think of more! Denver Impossible Pie 1 cup ham, diced 1/2 cup diced onion 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or cheese of choice 4 eggs,beaten 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp...
  2. richnkim

Rust stains in fabric

I posted a question about how to get rust stains out of fabric in another thread but thought I would post it here. Does anyone know what I can do to get them out of white fabric with embordiery on it? I don't want to harm the embrodiery. :confused:
  3. richnkim

Appetizers

To go along with the pot luck thread I thought this would be fun! Does anyone have any appetizers they would like to share? Here is one of mine. Spinach Balls 2 pkg. (10 oz. ea.) frozen chopped spinach (cooked, and squeezed dry) 1 large onion, chopped fine 4 eggs, beaten 2 cups...
  4. richnkim

Chocolate Gravy

I have been looking in my recipes and found some more to share. This one is so good! :D Chocolate Gravy 2 cups sugar 1/3 cup flour 3 Tblsp. cocoa pinch of salt 2 cups milk 1 tsp. vanilla 2 Tblsp. butter Mix the dry ingredients together, pour in milk and whisk together until...
  5. richnkim

Blueberry Syrup

Here is the recipe that my daughter and I used the other day. Blueberry Syrup 16 cups fresh or frozen blueberries 2 Tblsp. lemon juice 6 cups sugar Crush the berries. (I used my emersion blender and pureed them.) Mix the berries and the lemon juice together in a large pot.. Bring the...
  6. richnkim

Recipes For Art

I think it would be a good idea for all of us to share some things to do with kids. School is going to be out soon, and they will need things to keep them busy!! Everyone post some ideas and recipes for things. :D:D:D:D Dor,I found my book with all of the recipes in it for different clays...
  7. richnkim

Another surprise

I posted before that I cleaned out my front bed when we moved here in November. I have had some nice surprises with the ferns. I had another plant come up some time back, about the first part of Feb. I didn't know what it was but just let it grow. I think it a lily. It has beautiful yellow...
  8. richnkim

Tomatoes

I just had to let everyone know, I have tomatoes on my vines!!!! I came home from work today and counted 6 tomatoes!!!!!! I am so excited!! :D:D
  9. richnkim

Pepper troubles

I am having trouble with my jalapeno pepper plant. They are not thriving. :( I bought some plants and planted them in Feb and they are not dying but not foing really well. They are getting new leaves (slowly) but the older ones are falling off. What can I do? :confused:
  10. richnkim

Layered Lemon Dessert

This one is a lot like the Lemon Cream Cheese Pie but you can do it a lot of different ways. Layered Lemon Dessert 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped 1 cup flour 1/2 cup margarine 1 cup powdered sugar 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened 3 cups whipped topping 1 large package instant...
  11. richnkim

Lemon Cream Cheese Pie

1 baked pie shell or 1 graham cracker crust I use the filling recipe from the my lemon meringue pie. 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup powdered sugar Whipped Cream Beat the cream cheese and the powdered sugar together until well blended. Beat 1/3 of the lemon filling into...
  12. richnkim

Lemon Pies

Double Crust Lemon Pie I use the recipe for the crust that I posted already. Filling: 1 1/4 cups sugar 1/4 cup cornstarch 1/4 cup cold water 1 1/4 cups boiling water 2 Tblsp. margarine Zest of 1 lemon 1/3 cup lemon juice 2 eggs 2 Tblsp. milk 3 Tblsp. sugar In a medium...
  13. richnkim

Coconut Cream Pies

I use 2 different recipes for Coconut Cream Pie. The first is the recipe using packaged coconut. The 2nd one is one that my mom found when I was about 4 years old, and it uses fresh coconut. It is different but I love it. [B]Coconut Creme Pie[/B 1 3/4 cups milk 1 cup heavy cream 2 eggs...
  14. richnkim

Pie Crust

Here is my recipe for pie crust, Dor. Pie Crust 2 cups flour 1 tsp. salt 1 cup shortening (I use Crisco) 1/2 cup cold water 1/4 cup flour With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut together the 2 cups flour, salt, and shortening until it is blended together to a pea size crumbly...
  15. richnkim

Hydrangeas

I have 3 hydrangeas. I don't know what color they are. When we moved here they were really overgrown. I cut them back in Feb. Now they are beautiful. They are going to be blooming soon! I can't wait to see what color they are. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to chang the color...
  16. richnkim

Molasses Ginger Cookies

3/4 cup shortening 1 cup sugar 1 egg 1/4 cup molasses 2 cups flour 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. ginger 1/2 tsp. cloves 1/4 tsp. salt additional sugar ( for rolling dough in) Reheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream together, shortening, sugar, egg, and...
  17. richnkim

Cowboy Bread

This is the cut down version of the recipe: Cowboy Bread 3 cups flour 1 tsp. salt 1 1/8 tsp. baking soda 2 3/8 tsp. baking powder 2 3/8 tsp. cinnamon 7/8 tsp. nutmeg 3 cups brown sugar 1 1/3 cups shortening 4 large eggs 4 T. buttermilk Mix all of the dry ingredients together...
  18. richnkim

Orange-Pineapple Cake

1 Yellow cake mix (I like duncan hines) 3 eggs !/2 cup oil 1 can mandarine oranges, drained 1 can crushed pineapple with juice Mix together all of the ingredients. Bake 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven in a prepared bundt-pan, or tube pan, or you can make it into a layer cake...
  19. richnkim

My veggies

I planted my squash, cukes, and beans today! I harvested 2 head of the bibb lettuce, have to harvest the other 4. I will put in some more of the beans that I have sprouted. The sun is really warming up. Things are going to take off! :D:D
  20. richnkim

A Surprise

I had a little surprise come up! I have a couple of ferns that were here when we moved here. They are growing well, in the front bed. It was a mess and I had to clean it out shortly after we moved here. The other day I saw something coming up and just watched it to see what it was. I knew...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back