An awesome looking daffodil!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

My aunt grows these and she forgot to bring them in for the winter. They survived and she gave my brother and me some to grow. The flower is amazing so I wanted to share! :D
It's called a Peruvian Daffodil.

2 that we planted in the garden. They'll bloom when summer starts!
5786816911_21994b02bc_b.jpg

Peru Daffodil 1 by Trax, on Flickr

The flowers they make! I don't have a photo yet so I borrowed one.
5786808653_8893f6c501_o.jpg

Peruvian Daffodil 2 by Trax, on Flickr

Laurie,
You will need to bring them inside for the winter! They are only winter hardy to zone 8, zone 7 with a thick mulch!
Hymenocallis festali ~ also called Spider Lily

Nancie, can you get me a a couple of bulbs???

Sure! Remind me closer to fall. Right now the sawmps are full of water and snakes. :eek: But I will be happy to get you some. Actually I might know a place that I could possibly dig now. I'll have to go this weekend and look. ;)

Sure! Remind me closer to fall. Right now the sawmps are full of water and snakes. :eek: But I will be happy to get you some. Actually I might know a place that I could possibly dig now. I'll have to go this weekend and look. ;)

Will try to remember....lol Don't want you going anywhere's near snakes.. No rush on them.

Thanks Ron, I'll dig them up with the glads, etc

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back