Another Plant ID Thread

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

So is that a weed? Or in other words will people look at me strange for having it in a flower bed? :p
It is not consided a weed!
No they wont look at you strange, but might ask you what it is!
It is drought tolerant and is low maintenance. You might be wise to prune out all the stems back to the crown once it finishes blooming to prevent it from spreading from seed! Use a pair of gloves to prune it because it produces a white latex that can cause dermatitis!

Well, hmm, I wouldn't keep it in a bed because I am allergic to it, but I have seen lots of euphorbias in beds and it has a pretty green color. Just be careful of the sap.

Great thanks guys. I have a little garden area next to an RV pad that gets full sun and doesn't have sprinklers run to it. That is my desert garden if you will. Since this plant grew so well without any care at all I decided to move it there and so far so good. My neighbor said it looked like an interesting plant she had never seen before. Again, thanks for the tips!

The first one looks like a euphorbia...burros tail, careful of the sap, it can cause allegic reactions, made my eyes swell shut one time.

You're right Jade on all counts!

I've googled photos of euphorbia and my plant looks quite different from those photos, espeically now that it's getting little blooms on it. Here are some pics of them. Still think this is euphorbia?

Attachments

• IMG00232-20120504-0750.jpg
    IMG00232-20120504-0750.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG00233-20120504-0750.jpg
    IMG00233-20120504-0750.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 241
Thanks Ron! Yeah, I was thinking the blooms looked shaped very similar to my purple snapdragon.
Wild snapdragon, huh? Funny the site calls this a weed!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back