Any tips on heated compost?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mine are on drip irrigation and probably get 1/4 gallon of water each day. I'm gonna see if that's enough or too much. Everything I grow is on irrigation cause I know I'll forget if I had to manually water.

I think as long as your drainage is good that might be ok. It really just depends on the soil. I have wild muscadine grapes growing in a wet land area, and they are doing great. that area is always very moist to standing in water, but I would never allow my planted grapes to stand in water. So .....I bet yours are ok with that amount of daily water.

To be honest I've never had an issue with drainage, my beds never have puddles on them, and when I dig down about 1-2 inches it's always moist, but not moist enough to squeeze water out (I haven't tried, it may be something to consider).

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back