Apple Trees

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

That's a lot of apples. I have six apple trees and could easily get by with one. I do appreciate having one that matures late in the season though so we have apples through most of the summer and into the fall.

Good luck with your apple trees. They are such a promise for the future and apples are so versatile. You can eat them fresh or make a pie. Jelly or apple butter, cider or even wine. If that doesn't work out you can have vinegar!

I always thought my climate was too hot and humid for apples but there's a tropical verity that has a lovely taste. I've only had a few off my tree but it's a start!

Our garden book says that too, John. I live in apple country, but the scientists have developed strains (varieties) that do well in lots of areas we never thought possible. It's hard to beat a good crisp apple right from the tree when it has reached maturity but not left on long enough to get mushy.

Oh yeah Randy I agree. My sister and her hubby ran an orchard in the southern area of Aus. and I used to work there sometimes during the holidays. They grew a lot of stone fruit plus apples and pears, the flavour of the fruit fresh from the tree was just wonderful. Hopefully my tropical variety will bear well next Spring/Summer.

My daughter Fiona especially likes to snag fruit from the trees to eat. My wife is funny. She never checks the trees and will buy apples from the market when we have apples on the trees in the orchard.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back