Coconut Pie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Coconut Pie

5- Egg's
2- C. Sugar
1 1/2 -C.Shredded cococnut
3/4- stick butter
3/4 -C.Buttermilk
1-tsp Vanilla Flavoring
2- Deepdish pie shell's

Cream together butter and sugar.Beat egg's add buttermilk,coconut,vanilla.Mix well pour into pieshell's.Bake in preheated oven at 320 for 1 hour or until top is goldem brown.Filling will harden as it cool's.

7-Up Pound Cake

1 cup butter or margarine
1⁄2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
1-1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
1-1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract*
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
7 fluid ounces 7-Up (Can use diet)

In a large bowl, place butter, shortening, and sugar. Beat until it is fluffy and well mixed. Add in lemon extract and vanilla flavoring. Add in all of the eggs and beat again until blended in. Add in all of your flour and then seven up. Mix until smooth and creamy. Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 300 for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let it sit for 10 minutes before turning out.

Glaze
1-1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 tsp lemon extract
Combine all and stir until smooth. Add more milk if too thick, more confectioner’s sugar if too thin. Pour over cooled cake.

I haven't had a taste of coconut pie for years. I like it, but usually there are pies available that I like even more. Pecan pie is awfully hard to beat.

Yep pecan pie is hard to beat making four of them Wed.Got to get busy and crack and shell a few fresh pecan's.

I love both coconut and pecan pie. If I had to choose between a piece of pecan or coconut I would opt for a small piece of each. Hard to choose when you love both.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back