defoliate schefflera

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Odica

I have a lot of schefflera plants I got from cloning and collected over the last year or so . This is my first time trying to defoliate one so I thought I would share.

This is the cloned plant before the defoliation.
eqyjemej.jpg

This is right after the defoliation.
6avutuvu.jpg

This is the plant today new growth started.
bysamy3e.jpg

The new growth is very small and tight branch structures. I would say I should not have transplanted the tree a week after i defoliated it but lesson learned and still a very nice success as the goal was to get a more complex branch system and a smaller leaf size :) please comment and tell me your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are in strange territory for me. I would have thought that you killed the plant but there you have the new growth already. That's amazing.

Thanks randy I have so many schefflera but this is one of my favorite ones and it looked like just a green stick in the ground for a few weeks so I'm really happy that the new growth is coming in fast now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back