Great hours entertainment

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Scotkat

From kitchen window this morning a red squirrel has come back and was jumping from tree to tree .

A real pleasure he was here through the week .

Trees are in neighbours garden .

We have squirrels all around us. They love the hazelnut orchards that surround us too. The hazelnut growers do not care much for the squirrels however.

We don't have squirrels over here but I remember an incident when we were visiting Philadelphia PA a few years ago. We were having lunch in a park and there were a few squirrels around and one very bold one jumped onto the seat we were sitting on and stole an young office worker's sandwich right out of her lap! We had no idea they were so cheeky, she was very (understandably) upset, as my wife was chatting to her it transpired that it was her first day in a new job in a new city, she had moved from Washington last week. What made it worse was that she'd been in such a rush to leave home she'd forgotten her purse and only had her bus ticket to get home and therefore didn't have enough money to buy her lunch again. To cut a long story short while my wife was talking to her I went and bought her a chicken and salad sandwich from a nearby deli (the same sandwich that she had ordered) and unnoticed, popped it under her handbag while she was still talking to my wife. We then had to leave as it was time to go and check out the Liberty Bell as the crowds had diminished a bit. Whilst in the queue to see the bell I kept an eye on her as she eventually picked up her bag and saw the paper bag with sandwich inside, the different expressions on her face were priceless, it went from disbelief, to puzzlement, to deep thought, lol. I think the penny finally dropped and we saw her stand up and start looking around for us. We weren't that far away and I could see the broad smile on her face and that was a great reward for us indeed.:)

Squirrels are cute, I have even had them as pets, but boy are the nasty in the garden. I have had them steal my tomatoes right from the garden. You can see them running across the yard with one in their mouths. :rolleyes: I would never harm one but they sure make me mad sometimes.
The pet we had attacked both Tim and I . Once he got his "manhood" he was no long cute. We had him 12 years before he died. Sometimes you could handle him but when you couldn't it was like being attacked by a badger.

They are cute and they are also destructive. The grandkids were naming them all here for awhile, but haven't for a few years now. I haven't ever hurt one but if they do start to damage the house, I will consider it then.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back