Happy Fathers Day

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Happy Fathers Day to all the great dads out here. Wishing you all an awesome day!!

I had family around me and that was good. Both daughters were here and I had some great conversation with them until cell phones started interfering.

I had family around me and that was good. Both daughters were here and I had some great conversation with them until cell phones started interfering.

I vote we ban cell phones at family functions!
Whatever did they do before cell phones?:rolleyes:

I would be all for that, but I would be the only one. I had a discussion about that this morning when I went out to the rifle range. One of the fellows there agreed with me and his working years were muck like mine in the sense that we had pagers and radios that kept a tight leash on us wherever we went. Once I reached retirement, I took the pager off along with the radio. I really appreciate silence when I wander about in the orchards or fields. The noises I hear there are pleasant to hear.

This is an interesting thread, Fathers Day is celebrated here on the 1st Sunday in September:)

Interesting! Timing doesn't matter all that much anyway as long as there is opportunity to express our love to the dads. Mine has been gone for 35 years, but I still have to tell the kids and grandkids what an inspiration he was as a father. One time a young co-worker was telling me how disappointed she was in her father and she really had good reason for her attitude. Her father was a heroin addict and never called of came to see his daughter or granddaughter on special or any occasion. He lived for the needle. I told her that I understood, but that the feelings she had were destructive to her and were not hurting her father at all. One of the commandments is that we honor our father and our mother and there are no stipulations about whether or not they deserve it. In my own life, honor to my parents was just and easy to do. I cannot fathom what it would be like to have a parent such as described above, yet I know there are so many that have not had the love that I experienced in our home.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back