Help make a grow room

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Odica

I'm looking to start a small grow room.
But lights ventilation I need some help the space is also a problem it's a basement temp in the all green house Is 70 almost all the time I have had problems with soil staying wet for to long had to put a fan on one side of the room that is helping but still drys very slow. Light what should I have to produce veggies tomatoes and peppers a lot of different kinds. I'm looking to implement a lot of ideas of others here when making this grow room. Ideas on the what to do with the space I have the lights I need all of that stuff :)
u2udyser.jpg
4yqy4u4y.jpg

e6aqyjaj.jpg
hy6y9evu.jpg

I want to keep it on the walls and only in the half of the room.

Also I say I need lights because this is happening to a lot of my plants now pleas tell me if I am wrong.
ege9u4eh.jpg
y3are7an.jpg

avu2ehen.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the only ways to dry it out faster is to either ventilate the space with drier outside air or to use a dehumidifier to lower the relative humidity in the space. That would increase the rate of evaporation from the plants.

OK, stupid question time... What happens if you simply water less? Would that help dry things out, while not harming the plant?

I recall having a house plant that was always damp, problems with mold, fruit flies etc. I started watering it very sparingly, but also misting the plant. Seemed to work great, as it grew and grew. Not sure how well it would translate to other plants though.

Not a stupid question at all. In fact that is what I did I am watering only when the soil has been on the dry side for a day or so and that seemed to help added a bigger fan and t8 lights that give off around 5000 lumens this has helped a lot with the plants that were kinda saggy and weak the fan and less watering has dried things up a lot. I am not the only one that grows plants here it is me and two other people that are trying to get this grow room up and running. So each day I come home there are new equipment and new plants things may be moved around but we are all working together to get a grow room that can produce and is worth the time and money we are putting in any plants and info any one can help us out with would be greatly appreciated

Do you have the lights set on a timer?
Plants do need a period of dark in order to be healthy....
What is the end purpose of your plant room?
I'd keep track of the cost of electricity per month.....

The end purpose I guess would be to be able to put a verity of vegetables in the plant room and have them be able to produce mainly tomatoes and peppers as for the cost of electricity It has not shown to much of a difference and the lights or on for 16 hours and off for 8 hours every day yes on a timer

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back