Hi yall, I'm Grandma Evelyn!!!

• Thread starter 80stillgardening
  • Start date
GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Welcome Evelyn. How grand that you're still gardening! I'm sure you could teach us thing or two and I hope you will.
Randy, I guess you'll have to get out of the senior seat and give it to Grandma Evelyn!
That brings to mind my visit to Taco Bell for lunch this past week. I ordered and the attendant asked if I was a senior. Of course I said ...well ..nooooo! She says "55?" She hit it on the button and did you know 55 is considered a senior at Taco Bell?? I got a discount!! I guess the old 55 is now the new 65..:)
Glad to have you with us Evelyn.

Gloria, that is the age...55 ...alot of places now give the savings...That's why I will be taking hubby when I go places as he gets the discount...LOL

I have the giggles today so...i've been wasting the last 5 years of my life...not asking for a senior discount. i feel like such a reject... :) Curbie

Welcome to the forum Evelyn. I see you have a sense of humor and thats great. I'm pretty sure you could teach us young un a few things about gardening. I hope I'm still able to do gardening when I hit 80 which is not to many years away. I wonder how many on here is over 60.

Last edited:
I get the AARP invitations all the time, I refuse to comly LOL!!!! I will not accept that I am able to claim those discounts. Tim won't either, he says "that's for old people", I laugh and say "We are old people" LOL!!! Not as old as some but older than some.
I just bought the youngest grand a farm yard set of Duplo blocks and it has a grandma and a hen yard, & a grandpa and a pig yard. They both are round and gray haired they look like us. LOL!

Oh, Fleur, you are but a bud :) CG, the pigs look like you? The hen ? (I'll be quiet now.........) You DO get a discount at hotels, motels, No-tells with AARP. :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back