How to make this forum grow?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I like a lot of the idea's mentioned...my time has become less and less to be on-line...but anything I can do to help Bob let me know

I think crabber has a great idea. we need to put up some information on gardening besides just asking some questions. gold star for you Nancie

I like all the ideas so far. :)
And Ron's right about cleaning up threads. I'd be willing to lose posts if it means the threads will be more on-topic for other members.

I like the photos and featured plants idea too.
Another thing that could help attract members is the Non-Plant sections. People attracted to those sections could develop an interest in gardening just by being members here.
We could create sticky threads - with bold letter headers - for a few popular sports, old music, new music, hobbies, and things like that. New members (old and young) might see those and wanna join just to discuss those topics.
I mean, if you talk to somebody about music or sports enough, and they notice you like growing plants, they might decide growing plants is cool and try it.

Ok so when do we start? Or do we just start at will when we have time? I am game. I will start something, just give me a little time for thought. I am thinking along the lines of winter gardening since we are in that season. I may do some extended research on Cole crops and zone hardiness so I can cover all areas. I think we need to think outside our own geographical areas and make our post user friendly to all.
Comments?

I haven't started yet!
If anyone notices replies, or posts, disappearing it is just me doing some housecleaning!

Good job! Keep it up. I will do my part by tailoring what I post rather than just respond ;)
Think I am going to start in the vegetable forum with something.

Birds

I enjoy the garden and gardening like all those on here, I think a good additiion could be garden birds and another (if not already in here) woodland stuff, fungi, mosses, lichens and ferns etc. Just a couple of ideas that interest me. Perhaps a link to members web sites, blogs etc, although I'm not into blogs but do have a nature only site.

Last edited:
Hi Bob,
What caused me to join were the people I had met when we were all on the other "other" site. What caused me to join that site were the FREE SEEDS. I really believe that if we had the free seed thing here we would grab more people and if we had a seed exchange (not plant trades as postage will be going up again) we would get more activity. Very little comes up when you search for free seeds and it would be cool to see us come up first on a search.

latebloomer that is a great idea. we could all donate some seeds for this. I know I have some I could donate to the project.

I found this site thru a google search for garden forums. I am on a couple others but it's getting down to the same few opinionated posters and, well boring. I am looking for good discussions of gardening that will help me improve things in some way. Reading is about all the garden stuff to do in this zone (6b) for a couple more months til seed-starting, etc.

Hey Rock!
Welcome to our forum!
There's a lot of information on the various threads to keep you busy reading!
If you have any questions please feel free to ask! We'll do our best to answer them for you!

I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and it is also considered zone 6. It's a great area for gardening although we don't do that well on growing tomatoes. The cool nights sklow down the ripening process. We generally get some ripe ones but sometimes it's pretty late in the growing season. Before moving to Oregon, I lived in the Sacramento Valley of California and that place is tomato heaven.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back