My babies!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
These are the babies that are left behind because my cat at the momma :(
The daddy has been doing a fair job of feeding them but I do collect worms once a day and feed them in the evening. They keep falling out of the nest and I have to tuck them back in. They are not near ready to leave the nest yet. I hope in the next week or 2 they will be ready.

The other pictures are from the dump. I love eagles. The pics are a little blurry because there was a bomag ( huge heavy equipment) working next to me vibrating the ground,the truck and me.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• babies (800x532).jpg
    babies (800x532).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 377
  • babies2 (800x530).jpg
    babies2 (800x530).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 388
  • Flying Eagle.jpg
    Flying Eagle.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 380
  • 036 (800x663).jpg
    036 (800x663).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 371
Just thought this cool that they were sitting together.

Attachments

• 2Eagles (739x800).jpg
    2Eagles (739x800).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 384
I simply enjoy eagles as well! ( the rock group is rather cool too ) :p
- thanks for sharing and helping out Daddy as best you can ( I'm sure in his own eagle way,he thanks ya too ) :):p

What kind of babies are they?

The babies are Carolina Wrens. We have many of them nesting. I thought maybe another bird might help him, but not. He is just waring himself out trying to feed them alone. He knows I am feeding them. the first time I did, it got him all confused. He just stood there and looked at them with a worm in his mouth. They were not asking to be fed. So now I only feed them in the late afternoon so he can rest a bit. He just hangs out and watches. It is really pretty cool. Tim can't believe that he hasn't abandon them because of my intervention. They are very humanized.

Good News!!!!

John,
:D I enjoyed the little ones , although it was nerve wracking trying to keep them safe.

The babies have left the building! On Sat morning I had the garage door open as always( hence why we have babies in there in the first place) and I was walking past on my way to the garden. I heard this unusual chattering sound and something caught my eye. On the floor of the garage were 4 little puffballs hopping around making all kinds of noise. I though they had fallen from the nest so I ran inside but they were hopping and flying. I panicked so I went to get Tim to help me catch them. When we finally got one, we could see they had full feathers. ( the day before they only had pin feathers on their wings and no body feathers. that's why I didn't think they were ready yet) So we just left them alone.
all day the daddy was flying in and out and just chirping up a storm. Sometimes he would get very loud and very fast. Tim and I laughed. All I could think of was the baby saying "but i can't" and the daddy saying " Yes you can just do it".

I saw one of the babies yesterday but only briefly. It sure feels good to know they all made it. I know daddy bird is happy too:p

I was getting ready to leave this morning and looked out across the pasture in the back and there was a doe out there looking at me through the kitchen window. I didn't see any little ones, but they were probably there in the tall grass.

I know some will not appreciatethis at all ....but what an awesome job God did painting this snake. I was just in awe. If he hadn't tried to strike my truck I wouldhave gotten a better picture. even in my truck I had great respect for the fact he had more power then I.

Attachments

• pretty snake (800x410).jpg
    pretty snake (800x410).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 352
I'm not fond of snakes, but I do like what they do. They really help keep rodent populations under control and that boy looks like he has been doing some serious controlling.

He's a beauty Nancie!
I'd stay in the truck too!
He's like cacti.... Respect them and handle with care!!!

Randy
I don't really want to be friendly with the venomous snakes, but they always seem to be so beautiful . I guess it is becuase you can't appreciate them up close.

Ron
LOL I like that

In my younger years I would kill any snake I encountered and some of those were rattlesnakes. I don't get the same feeling of fright that I once did though and I will let them be as long as they aren't endangering anything. My niece is married to a cattle rancher in California and his take on rattlesnakes is slanted because of his occupation. His place is in rattlesnake country though around Fresno and they cause problems with his livestock. Even in that scenario though, I am sure the snakes go a long way to reduce rodents.

Oh I agree about the snakes. We have our fair share of them here and some of the poisonous ones can be quite aggressive. There's still a few tree snakes to be found around here but they're harmless....they still give you a fright though!

I'm afraid that would really get my attention if one dropped out of a tree on me. I can do without that.

Yes, the snakes eat a lot of rats and mice, and I try my best to live and let live. But I won't let them take up residence around the house. If they move on when I swat at them, they live , if not, well they got to the snake ever after. :D

Snakes here , of all kinds, are prone to drop from trees. Especially over water. :eek:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back