My banana project

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

LOL! :D Your banana plants can stay outside till October! :)
I'm learning a ton about fishing and I like it more than I ever did but I haven't caught anything. I can't wait till Friday cause we might go fishing at Draper Lake! :D

Gee, I wonder why you like it better if you haven't caught any fish. LOL I have to admit though, Mr. Trax, there is hardly a better time to have a good talk than while watching a bobber.

Geez trax not telling you to get married:eek: just letting you know I met the right one first up lol.......we got hitched a loooong time after that first date;) Curbie they'll be fine in a pot just increase the size of it as they get larger.

That was a bobber, right, Randy? Gosh we are really picking on Trax. I transplanted marigolds early this morning b/c it is supposed to be severely warm this afternoon and they were really pot bound. Nothing like carving pot-bound marigolds at 5ayem. I got a new knife from Cutco. Works like a charm on marigolds ~ well. that's not what it's supposed to be used for but worked like a charm. :) Nothing like a curb :) ~ Curbie

LOL! :D Your banana plants can stay outside till October! :)
I'm learning a ton about fishing and I like it more than I ever did but I haven't caught anything. I can't wait till Friday cause we might go fishing at Draper Lake! :D

Once fishing gets in your blood, you're hooked, pardon the pun :D I grew up fishing with my dad and then in the keys as a young adult and then Tim and I loved it so much we went commercial. Be careful it can consume you ;):eek::p
Not picking on , but this fishing is what has bound Tim and I for 30 years;)

Last edited:
That's nice, CG. Do you have to get special license to fish commercially ? When MTM said he wanted to get a trot line, I was thinking about a horse. We're rarely on the same page and not even in the same book. Well, I have an opinion about fishing ~~~simple opinion....NOBODY yell at me please......it's the most boring thing you can do. "Don't SING b/c you'll scare the fish away." "DON'T DO that b/c you'll scare the fish away." "IF YOU DON'T SIT DOWN AND STOP DANCING b/c YOU are scaring THE FISH AWAY!" "Let's turn off the radio." NO B/C you'll START to SING!" I don't get to go any more :) I scare off the fish :) I'm a really scarey person ~ geez, try to believe that. I think I am not fishing :) ~ Curbie

My Dad fished with a trot line in Oklahoma, but they are not leagal to use here in Oregon unless you are an Indian. They use them in the Columbia River to catch salmon. No, I am mistaken. They use gill nets to catch the salmon, not trot lines. In the fishing regulations they use the term set lines of which trot line is one type. But set lines are not legal in many states. A trot line is a line is a line usually stretched across a river channel and staked on both ends with heavy stakes to keep the line in place. There are hooks placed about every six feet along the line. They are left and checked every four or five hours or even left overnight. You can catch a lot of fish that way, but that's also why they are not legal in most states.

Last edited:
Banana.
I think fishing is in my blood and it's def not boring. She caught 4 fish the last time we went! :) Dunno what kind they were but they were big! :D It's prolly her perfume that attracts them but I am NOT gonna try catching fish that way, lol.

Hey Randy,
There's a ton more fun things to do when your fishing! I've learned a lot and it's not just catching fish! :D But that is part of it.

Hey Curbie,
Wombat's def right. If the bananas start growing slower, you'll need to put them in bigger pots. :)

Hey Trax I think it's you that's being attracted by her perfume , not the fishies! I've been fishing most of my life and it's always been off the beach. It's like an addiction of sorts ( which my much better half doesn't have lol ) It's so wonderful just to stand in the breakers and listen to the surf and see the wildlife that passes by. Lovely way to spend a day or two, even better if you actually catch something!

MTM went fishing today and caught perch. He really just wants to go out on the water and show off his tackle box. :) No, I do not fish. No I'll not fish and if I had to fish, I would play checkers instead :) Perfume is a lovely touch but Trax, you could take one of those 'smelly' candles. Nothing like great advice :) ~ Curbie

Hi Everyone
I'm new to This forum
it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in ;)
grey.png

Welcome Deeana.

John,
Ah don't you just love it. The beach is so renourshing. I think I actually have salt water gills ;)

Josh,

Fishing is a lifestyle not a sport as most people think. Alone or with somebody else it is fullfilling but it is always best with someone you like:) We are support to go off shore on Sat. I can't wait.

Curbie,
Yes , commercial fishing requires and abundence of liceences. To the point of crazy. We actually hold 2 licenses and it is almost cost prohibitive since we are not really fishing full time. I have one for sale if you would like to come to Fl and be a commercial fisherman :eek: :D LOL! I know ,I know , no fishing for you!

Oh Banana!

I think he found his 'someone' to go with. Gosh, we are riding you hard Josh. No offense :) How big is the boat, CG? (I truly know not a thing about this activity......) MTM wants to know about this boat :) ~ Curbie

Ok Banana!
Curbie,
The boat we are going out in this weekend is a 22ft Mako. Just a little boat but with the flat seas we can go out pretty far about 20 miles. There are a lot of sunken reefs and rock piles that produce good fish.

Randy I've never even thought about that aspect at all. It's probably something I just take for granted having done it all my life, thanks for giving me food for thought young fella!
Nancy you're sooooo right about that. I could stand there all day and just be part of it all. I also have saltwater gills too.....hmmmm we may be related lol

My brother from another sea! If I thought I could survive financially I would go back to commercial fishing in a mega heartbeat! My gills maybe drying up :(

MY NANAS got 2 leaves overnight! Our heat and humidity have been impressive so these happy campers are rockin' on! :) (No, I'm not going to fish :) but thank you for offering. MTM and his buddy caught 8 little perch yesterday. I have a pet fish named Still Milton and that is good enough for me :) ) ~ Curbster

Banana. :)
Maybe I should get married and be a fisherman. I mean, I've already learned a ton about boats and boat building and I love being in water. I wanna learn more about fisheries and fish farming. It'd be awesome to raise shrimp, oysters, and lobsters! :D and crabs! And I've already studied semaphore, navy flags, knots, leagues, and sailing. I even won an argument. Some dude thought starboard was to the left when you're facing the bow. Lol, it's to the right. :D

Anyway, I just checked my banana plants outside and they're making new leaves already!! Congrats about your new leaves, Curbie!! :D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back