My Hollyhocks

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

This year my HH really did a great job

Attachments

• bLACK HOLLYHOCKS.jpg
    bLACK HOLLYHOCKS.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 309
  • hollyhocks daylilies 069.jpg
    hollyhocks daylilies 069.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 320
They are something I cannot grow here.
The 1 out of 5 that survived the winter, died before blooming due to crown rot!
Wish I could, but alas, I can't!!!

Oh Ron I am really sorry that they rot.
Cuz I just love mine.
Sandi and CG ya know I will have bunches of seeds and I will save lots for each of you.
Yes the 1st pics are black HH. I really do like them.
The yellow ones have a salmon cast to the buds but in full bloom they are totally yellow.

Sandi and CG
If you want special colors I will save them seperate but if not they will just be mixed seeds
I wrote your wants in my addy book so I hope I will remember when fall comes.
TTFN

Thanks Dawn!
After pulling it out I had the perfect spot for my new 'Ascot Rainbow Spurge'!
Had no problem in the city!
I noticed a lady down the road has some growing in her garden....she has clay soil!

Dawn, please add me to the list, I would love some.
Haven't forgot your horse radish, too darn hot and dry here to dig anything

No prob with the horseradish... I know how hot it is
Your name will go right on my little list too.

Sandi and CG
If you want special colors I will save them seperate but if not they will just be mixed seeds
I wrote your wants in my addy book so I hope I will remember when fall comes.
TTFN

I will not be pciky and make you seperate the seeds, mixed is fine. I can unmix them later after blooming. I do like the black though ;)
You are a gem girl Thanks

Wow how did I miss this thread, they're great Kya, beautiful colour! I always forget to grow these guys and it's probably a bit late to start now as they don't do well here in summer. I'll have to make a mental note to grow them again next year....or maybe see if I can find some little fellas going cheap somewhere.

Oh Wombat if you would like some seeds for next year then I would love to send some to you this fall.
Just PM me your addy if you would like some.

Oh wow thank you Kya, for your lovely offer. But our quarantine laws are really strict and they tend to intercept any plant matter that comes from o'seas....sigh. That's the way they keep plant diseases out of the country I suppose. I'm quite happy just to look at your pics and see if I can get some seed here, once again thank you muchly indeed!:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back