New Blooms!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thanks Treva! :) PM sent! I included a list of some of the things I have. If there's anything you want just let me know! This is one of my fave flowers. It originally grew only on the southwestern cape of Africa but it can grow even in zone 5 here! It's called Amaryllis belladonna. It puts up a thick bunch of tall leaves in spring, then they die back and in mid-summer it sends up flowers on 18 inch stalks with no leaves:

picture.php

If you would like some, I can send you some bulbs. The bulbs are white, round, and about the size of golf balls. Here's some more info:
http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantab/amarylbella.htm
I like swapping plants! :)

I have well two of these now they just popped up last summer don't know where they came from.They started by a rose bush wondered it it got mixed in the soil of one of them.So I moved it to a better place.I noticed today there a new stalk of pretty flower's by my rose bush so I must have not got all the bulb's when I moved the mother plant.

Thank You Maggie! I have some of the texas star white seed if you would like it? Just let me know!
They are just beautiful Treva. I love the Rum Rascal and Grand Mariner. Heck I love them all. I couldn't pick one and say it's my favorite. The colors are so different from what I've seen around here. I wonder if they would be perennials in zone 6. I have the red Texas Star and hoping to get some of the white seed this fall. Thank you for sharing such beautiful blooms.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back