Rabbit

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

Buford called me to come look at the rabbit that was eating my water lilies. I took several pictures before he/she jumped off and ran away. We are being over run with rabbits for the last few years.

Attachments

• Rabbit010.jpg
    Rabbit010.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Rabbit012.jpg
    Rabbit012.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 345
Now Randy. You sound just like Tim!
Try moth balls, or red pepper. their noses are very sensitive and they won't like the smell.

I talk a good killin', Crabber, but I wouldn't hurt one of them. Now a skunk is a different matter because they will kill the chickens. I have nailed 7 skunks this year and 16 last year. We haven't lost a chicken to the skunks now for three years.

Coons get our chickens. :( I haven't seen my hen in several days ,but she could be on the nest somewhere.
Saw 2 smashed rabbits on the road this morning :( and I hit a squirrel :( :( I hate that!

I know we have raccoons but they haven't been a problem. Several years back, the fellow that owns the hazelnut orchard alongside our place did some work clearing blackberries along the creek and that apparently created a lot of activity among the skunks. I trapped twenty of them that year.

I think that was the year I got 20 of them. I got two possums this year in addition to the 7 skunks.

All my water lilies are gone from this pond. The ducks and geese discovered and destroyed them and the irises in one day. I have plenty in another pond tho.

Attachments

• Mikey and Ducks-8-20-2011 005.jpg
    Mikey and Ducks-8-20-2011 005.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 330
  • MikeyandDucks-8-20-2011005.jpg
    MikeyandDucks-8-20-2011005.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 323

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back