Random Flower

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kcb37

Going to start by saying when I bought my house in April I think my entire yard front and back was just grass, nothing else.
So I planted some wild flowers infront to add some color. I got about 1/3 of the area covered that I want to. But the past couple weeks I have had a flower (at least I am assuming so far) come up by itself. I would guess it came from a bird.
Could be wrong I had just mowed over everything as it was all grass anyway.
To the point I am curious to know if anyone can identify this flower. Second picture is what I planted which is nothing like it.
P1000333.jpg

P1000334.jpg

Cool, thank you.
I figured someone would know if I waited long enough for them to be atleast halfway identifiable.
I have no idea where they came from, just came up by themselves.

Thank you Kya D for the extra identification.
Hopefully they will stay around as I am pretty sure they come back yearly. Planting flowers there anyway so a good free addition.

I bet they were there when you bought the house and had already finished blooming. They should winter over for you and you can dig and split they when you want to spread them around. Please post a pic when they are blooming.

Not a problem. Think I am just going to leave them though.
The think that gets me is I bought and moved into the house in late spring/early summer. I think it was in the first 2 weeks of April. Nothing but grass though.

They had possibly already bloomed and were mowed to make the yard look good for the sale. Daffs are not planted by birds. From the size of the clumps, they have been there several years. They are easy to move tho. Just wait till bloom is finished (they generally bloom all at once and only once) then dig deep around the bulbs and plant the same depth in the new spot. Leave the tops on, they gather sun for next year's bloom. Nice find, and they're free :)

Well okay then.
I am still going to leave them, but that is because that entire area is going to be flowers anyway. Just working on adding some dirt and then planting some seeds.
So I spose here's a question.
I am going do add dirt around them. Do I need to do that slowly so I don't "bury" them?
At most it will be 2" of dirt.

I love daffodils ,I use to have 100's of them at my old house. I miss them so much. :( Maybe I need to plant some again.

My mom and dad are about 100 miles away and apparently they have a bunch.
My dad said they were mowing around them so my mom could move them, but there was so many that they just started mowing over them.
I may try to find some of those to move to my house.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back