Recyled strawberrie planter

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Scotkat

Hi everyone,as I cant garden outdoors just now ground to hard to dig with this long cold winter weather we have had and still have.

I had to get a new washing machine so instead of disposing all of it.

We kept the drum and have used it as a planter for my strawberries .

So I have made a blog to let others see what we can use as a planter.

http://blog.trowelslg.com/2013/02/recycle-washing-machine-drum.html

Has anyone else tried this ?

Quite a few people around here use the drum for an outdoor fire place.
Nice idea to use yours for strawberries!

I have never done so, but it is a good idea and you have built-in drainage depending on the washer type. I have seen a lot of planters through the years made from those.

you could probably even put some holes in the sides and plant even more strawberries in it. Interesting idea for sure. I like the fire pit idea also.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back