Sport in Nature, a humorous thing.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kildale

Just a fun thing put together with a few photos that I have taken. I thought I had posted this yesterday but can't find it here. Just click Sports in Nature, I have others that I will post if there is any interest.

There are good photos there. I saw one group of ducks with blue bills and I think I remember a duck that is called a 'bluebill'. It's been a long time since I was involved much with waterfowl though.

Oh, that brings back a memory. One is a 'lesser scaup' which would indicate to me there would be other varieties of scaup. There was a book I was exposed to over 50 years ago that was one of the best books on waterfowl that was ever written. I am relying on memory here, but I think the title was "Ducks, Geese and Swans of North America" by Kortwright. What was so great about that book was that it showed the birds in their off-season plumage in addition to the plumage that we are accustomed to seeing. And the seasonal plumage was very different. I believe it was at the college library that I was able to see the book, but it was also quite expensive had I chosen to buy one. Other than my own curiosity I really had no other need for the book. It wasn't but a few years after that though that I was a reserve game warden and thought I was on the path to becoming a full-time game warden for the state of California. My wife didn't like the idea though and I had to consider her desires.

So pleased that you found time to look at my little offering and brought back such memories to you.

New here to the forum so a little late in commenting but just wanted to say I really enjoyed the pics and the titles. Very good imagination. Looking forward to installment II.

Hello White Wolfe, welcome to the forum. I have posted a few of these type of shows, I enjoy putting them together, pleased that you found them. There are a couple of gardeing ones.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back