Tamales for Curbie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just for you Curbie, I made the sacrifce of eating at my favorite Mexican place on Sat. And We had the best time. I told the waitress " I am going to take pictures of your Tamales" Well now what do you think several people turned that into!!!!!! LOL!
So here you go , real tamales made by a real Mexican just for you, well really for me for you. I want you to know I enjoyed them on your behalf!

Attachments

• DSC04399.jpg
    DSC04399.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC04400.jpg
    DSC04400.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 324
now there you go making me hungry again and on a day when I get to eat college food at the university. you are so mean. now I want to go to maudes

LOL! Sorry Lyn! I just had to do it for Curbie. When she said she had neve had a tamale I thought I would get her one, and eat it for her too!!

I need someone to eat for me cause I eat too much and no exercise to speak of. I know i need more exercise but this homework keeps me at the computer all day.

I have been doing pretty well on hitting the treadmill every day. Haven't done it yet today, but will as soon as I get off the computer. The cold weather and rain does a good job of keeping me inside.

I need someone to eat for me cause I eat too much and no exercise to speak of. I know i need more exercise but this homework keeps me at the computer all day.

I am with you, I wish someone would eat for me too. I gained 4 pounds back this week. I am blaming the tamales! The weather has gotten nice I think I need to start walking everyday at lunch. ( Witout a tamale)

I am back to walking some everyday. I know I'm not walking as much as I did last semester but at least I'm getting in about a mile and a half again. I will work up to longer walks again as it warms up in the morning.

WELL, I think I need to send you some money for your check at that Mexican place! What was inside of them (not you :) I know what's inside of you....) They really do look good. I was told, Lyn to never eat at the computer. I can't eat for everybody so we can do it this way ~ Pick a number between 6 and 9. That is who I'll eat for. To me, exercise is going to the grocery store and walking. I walk every aisle and meet the nicest people. I have the hardest time getting out of the produce aisle but I go up and down every aisle, every time. OK, so I'm not jogging but I'm singing :) I'M SINGIN' in the aisle ~ I'm Singin' in the AISLE I'm happy to Smile so I'm singin' in the aisle ♫. See, you probably walk more than you think :) Walk the steps. Walk the mall. You're getting exercise. We eat off of saucersin our home. If we go out for dinner, we share a meal. Since I'm a real salad person, we know how to order now. It really works well. :) Curbie

OK ~ since I don't have a treadmill, how long do you stay on it? Where is it? If it was in the kitchen I could do about 15 seconds and I'd kill a cat. MTM is so funny ~ "I HATE THESE CATS!" I have no problem with them. "My suitcase smells like....My shoes smell like...." They REALLY do not like him. It's the funniest thing for me ~ nothing happens to me so...I guess it's you. We have 3 litter boxes but....someone does something in his shoe. oh well ....... :) Crubster

that is cats curbie. my daughter had one that hated me. It would swipe my head as I walked by the fridge. It would get my feet if I got near the sofa, it would used my cloths, it tormented me day and night. but my son had a cat that would sit on my lap and purr. so it is just the cats.

This is why I have more respect for cats b/c.......guess what....you're not going to win with a cat. My daughter used to come down the stairs with her lighter lit so one of the cats didn't bite her. THAT'S why we call it a 'Catitude'. "OH.....SOMEBODY woke up with a catitude!" I can shove these cats everywhere and if he tries to touch one......bad idea. I think , if you leave a cat alone, they will tell you what they want. "I'd like a shrimp please." "I'd like to be held." " Let's take a nap and I'll keep your feet warm." Curbie :)

My wife couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago because a cat was on the bed and she couldn't move. She didn't want to disturb the bloomin' cat. My wife is well-trained.

I know that feeling b/c we have 2 that are 20# and if one lays on one side of me and the other lays on the other side, I just ....... lay awake. MF, I feel your pain! LOL! Curbie

WELL, I think I need to send you some money for your check at that Mexican place! What was inside of them (not you :) I know what's inside of you....) They really do look good. :) Curbie
Tamales are made with either, beef, chicken or pork. Traditionally they were made with pork brains but thank goodness we have moved past that!
These were beef. They are so good!

Could you use a tortilla thing instead of the corn husk? Do you put lettuce and tomatoes in them? Cheese? I could see me running a restaurant ~ "Well,if you don't like it, there's the kitchen....." I'd be a GREAT restaurant owner ~ "MICHAEL! I'm cooking so YOU are waiting tables. Spell everything right." We would serve only hotdogs with a ton of toppings ~ I KNOW a hotdog ~ sauerkraut, chili, green peppers, onions (fried or raw),bacon, cheese. Butter those buns on a grill to get them toasty and give out a lot of napkins OR steam the buns. I could be on a 'roach coach' in a heartbeat. "YOU don't want chips, get sweet potato fries with Old Bay." I'd be great but I sure would be tired! We're open from noon to 4. LOL! Curbie

Nope, can't use tortillas for tamales. You would have to name them something else if you did that. I tease my other son-in-law who is Mexican about the food. I tell him it's all the same stuff, but they rearrange it and call it something else. I have to work him over or he starts on me about something.

Curbie,
I always thought a roach coach would be fun to run too! Come on down we will start our new business. "Crabbie Curbies" (the way we want it is the way you get it roach coach!)

Ok Tamales:
first star with a doughy cornmeal mixture, stiff enough to use like a thick pie crust, fill the middle with the seasoned meat mixture, then roll it in to a log with the dough on the outside. Place it in a dish and put sauce around it and top with cheese. Cook until firm add cheese on top and at this place they did put a little lettuce and dice tomatoes on top.
Watch your mail box. I am going to buy you some tamales and send them to you. It might take a day or to for me to get it mailed. I will send you directions on how to warm them up. These will be canned but they are still good. Better in a Mexican Rest. though ;)

I re-arranged some stuff yesterday b/c we had a coldcut sub leftover which I cut the meat up. When 4 of the teens came over, voila, they got tiny sandwiches. MTM said," Do you think they ever eat anywhere else?" He doesn't usually witness the barrage of these boys. One asked,"Do you have macaroni and cheese?" MTM and I were getting ready to go buy lolli's (that's my code word for lobster :) Clever, eh?) so the teen did not get mac & cheese but he will get it today. I feel like I have dinner with them (and they sure do talk about everything but I don't think they have a sit down meal anywhere else.) They learn to have a conversation and ask questions and all I am is the moderator. They know that laughter is OK and use it at school. One of them said," I never knew manners before you." Now THAT is sad. SO, I guess I can still make a dent. One plays our piano now. I'm going to Taco Bell and get a tamale :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back