The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

LOL What can I say we are just a couple of kids who love life ....everything is good... I never dreamed I would ever get to experience the joy I have in my life today... God and the Universe sure is good to us... Never I day goes by that we don't count our blessings for sure.
Peggy

Geez ~ I wonder if only the Over Fifty have fun ? What have we got to lose ? SUCH solutions ! OMG ~ Randy goin' 'down the drain' ! Peggy in an SUV (~ we've upgraded the truck) hottub. I am 100% SURE that laughter is the best medicine. My husband and I argue with each other from time to time and then I think," I can whip his *** with THIS cuss word." We end up calling each other all sorts of things ~ "YOU PRUNE HEAD!" (THAT'S not a cuss word, Broccoli Bum.) Then we simply laugh and don't even remember what we were arguing about. May we all be granted pleasure or just :) It is a gift. ~

I didn't begin my "No Regrets Tour" till I was 51. Decided it was time to have some fun before I got too old to boogie (which hopefully really never happens) If it was legal and moral (well mostly. lol) I was gunna do it. One of the first things I did was travel 4 hours to see Prettylady...some said a leap of faith!! Oh what a time and life has been a blast ever since. I can sleep when I'm dead, yunno?

LOL always have fun no matter what ya do...

Shine I agree with the no regrets tour...and i sure loved you coming down...what a crew... I want to drive their next and see you before this summer is over...

When I am around Cliff there is absolutely no way not to have fun and laugh...he is absolutely the best....

Well I am ready for a little break now...just finished picking green beans, tomatoes, broccli, & onions... Took tilapia and stuffed crab out of freezer to unthaw for supper.

Peggy

I picked my first picking of beans yesterday, but didn't get many. There was enough for a meal though. This was just the beginning though, so I'm not concerned. Squash are coming on regularly now too. I have two on the counter that MF will prepare for this evening and I had a small one for dinner last evening.

Taking a quk break....got about 3 gallon of beans off first picking... Have been having squash for a while now...Picked first mess of corn...Peaches and Cream, Bodascious.... I wish I had of remembered to plant pop corn again but I didn't.... Planted Indian corn so the kids could decorate in the fall...
I cut all the hollyhocks back this morning as well as all the yarrow, amd bee balms.... I have red and purple this year...
Put new lumber on the picnic table yesterday...rounded all the edges...still gonna light sand it and apply sealer coat... I am proud...have needed to do that for a while...
Cleaned the pool and added chemicals.. Keeping that thing clean and in order can become quite a chore...
Hope you are all having a beautiful day... It has been so wonderful working outside this am....lil overcast and 77...
Peggy

I didn't plant much of a garden this year so I've only harvested garlic and potatoes so-far. Plus all the strawberries I had in the spring. Luckily I work with a lady whose roommate does not work and devotes all his time to gardening so she has plenty of left overs to share with everyone else in the office!

Hey sis ... what do I need to do to get in on this no regrets tour? I sure could use something I do not regret in my life at this point!

I was out picking today too. I picked 24 pounds of Marionberries. I have them all measured out now and in the freezer except for the ones I will use in a cobbler tomorrow. It's too hot to cook anything in the kitchen, so the fambly will be heading for Wendy's this evening. Good to see you checking in, Miss Natalie.

Natloo ~ regrets come from missing a moment, in my opinion. It could be a photo opt or a visit or a concert. We create out own, depending on our wants and needs. (My Lord, I almost sounded philosophical ~ I'm done with that :) ) Randy, 24# is a lot to harvest. How's your back? Nothing wrong with Wendy's ! ~ C.

Hey sis ... what do I need to do to get in on this no regrets tour? I sure could use something I do not regret in my life at this point!

Hmmm...I don't know if you're old enough yet, L'il Sis. There will come a time in your life when you realize you had better do some things before you are not physically or perhaps mentally able to do. It's not so much regretting what you've done, but what you haven't.

You'll be alright, Nat. Just remember to be true to yourself. You are the only person in this world you can truly depend on.

Thanks Guys!

I feel better now that I've got one of the 'regrets' taken care of. I think I'm going to get rid of another and start school. Maybe ... if I can ever figure out what I want to do and where I can afford to go.

Nat wonderful seeing ya gal...:)
I started that no regret tour while laying hooked up to an epidural for right at 5 months after a near fatal 4 wheeler wreck...
It was a very painful thing to deal with but ya know it is probably one among many of the best things to happen to me... It surely gave me lots of time to think, and allowed me look at life much differently... I am most grateful.......
Good luck with everything....I know you will do well...
Peggy

That's right, Curby. And PL, glad you made it to the other side to live it up. You're doing it well, my friend.

Another thing I would say to Nat, or anyone...how do you know if you like something if you don't taste it? It's the same with life...if it's yucky, just spit it out.

Oh, Shine ~ how true ! I have never seen that movie "The Bucket List" but I think at a certain time (not age) in your life, you have witnessed and endured so much that you think,"Wait......what about me???" and I am not hte least bit of a selfish person so please don't get me wrong. There is some line in the movie 'Out of Africa' where Robert Redford says something like: I don't want to get to the end of my life, having lived it for someone else. i.e = Know yourself and enjoy yourself ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back