The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Now, I graveled up onto my soap box again. I was truly on the phone with my sister-in-law today for 4 hours (I have 3) and I ADORE her. She is a bigger mess than me. AND we were talking about why SOME people are friendly and some people are not. SO....if anyone cares to weigh in on this..........I said,"It depends on how you were raised. There is happiness within a household and it has nothing to do with gifts or razmataze. It has to do with love. " She cried..I was dumbfounded.....SHE works in a hospital in the Emergency Room in Shock Trauma and she asked me to come to the hospital to sing to folks ~ but I don't know the words. (I volunteered Randy to go read.) I'll hum VERY loudly and make up words. I do believe that the 'small things in life are free' ~ smiles, a handshake, a greeting. In our area some have lost 'This lovein' feeling' ( well, we live outside of DC) We have SO many homeless people in DC and many places in our country. ~ I'm done :) Stimulus packages???? Fetch these folks sleeping on grates in the Nation's Capital on the sidewalk. Life to me...... is life ~ not a road....... oh, I wasn't done ~ sorry :) Curbie

I think a big part also is things people have gone through...and then how they deal with it there after...like weather they become a lemon or make lemon aid...Hard a very rough up bring...oh sure there were good times ...don;t get me wrong...but lots of things to deal with...for a very short time I was notone to be friendly to most people...laate teens early 20's...but that wasn't working to well for me...now I make the choose to look on the bright side...no matter what comes ,,

Laurie, I'll be glad to help. What we will need to know up front is what your OS (operating system) is. If it is Windows XP home edition, I will have to look up how to find the backup utility. Believe it or not, it is hidden on the OS disc that comes with the computer. But you still have to know how to find it. If it is Vista, I will have to check into that, but my guess is that Microsoft put it into the Tools utility. I bought some software before I got this computer and I am still using that program even though this one has the Windows utility available. Let's start at the beginning though and tell me what OS you have. We can get on the phone and see if we can get through it.

Marie, someday we may actually get to meet face to face. That would be a great day.

We live and learn but I will not learn about back-ups on a computer nor hard drives. I know what's 'hard' within this household and it has nothing to do with a computer ~ has to do with someone's cat-titude. :) (That's mine) Let's do a science experiment ~ give what we are able to give, to anyone. Let's try this. A new blanket??? A coat? I am convinced people need people ~ :) Curbie

We had a real hard cold spell here ...I went doen to the thrift stores and bought all the blankets and sleeping bags they had then slipped them all down to the homeless camps...had great fun and meet some really cool people..

Well, bless your heart, Miss Debe. I take back all those bad things I said about you. LOL Now, before anyone really thinks I said anything bad, I didn't. That's just a way of teasing my friend. By the way, today is MF's and my anniversary. I tease her also and get this mournful look on my face and say, "854 years!" Actually, it's only 54 years though. She just laughs when I go through my lamentation.

Miss Dorothy, I stopped by the UPS store today and dropped off a parcel. No jam this time. They told me it would probably be at your place on Christmas Eve.

Randy
It was so nice chatting with you and MF last night. I'll have to call more often. Hope both the girls are home now for the holidays. It will be nice for all of you to be together again. I know how much you all miss them while they are gone.
I will get the information that we chatted about this weekend for you.
Wow, the DRS show just gave away a bunch of nice presents to the audience, wish I was in it. They got an Aero garden, scooters, exercise stuff, and lots more. They got some nice presents.

Stopping in to let you all know that I am alive! lol
we got snowwwwwwwwwww! ummmmmmm yea I hate snow....

Dreaming of Warm Sandy Beaches with the sun warming my skin....yea thats a dream alright....

Good to see you check in Rhonda.

Curbie, I had to go to the market again today and I wore my "hat". There was this one kid that was sitting in the shopping cart being pushed by his mother and he had his mouth open and staring up at the hat. He was about 2. As I walked by him, I leaned over and said, "I'm an elf." His mother just laughed, but he never took his eye off the hat.

Thank you, MG. And as far as hats, I HAVE an elf hat and of course, when the doorbell rang the other night, I had it on ~ it were these lovely Jehovah Witnesses. This lady broke out laughing SO hard. She kept staring at me trying to read scriptures but all she did was laugh. I said,"Hey, let's sing instead." Hubby was in the kitchen and I'm singing Jingle Bells with Jehovah Witnesses. I gave those ladies hats and hubby said," WHAT is WRONG with you?" That one lady had a great voice. ~ :) Curb

Well, bless your heart, Miss Debe. I take back all those bad things I said about you. LOL Now, before anyone really thinks I said anything bad, I didn't. That's just a way of teasing my friend. By the way, today is MF's and my anniversary. I tease her also and get this mournful look on my face and say, "854 years!" Actually, it's only 54 years though. She just laughs when I go through my lamentation.

Well I don't care what the others say about you ...I think your alright in my book...:D
Happy Late Anns..wishes tou you both kind sir

Stopping in to let you all know that I am alive! lol
we got snowwwwwwwwwww! ummmmmmm yea I hate snow....

Dreaming of Warm Sandy Beaches with the sun warming my skin....yea thats a dream alright....

hey I know you...wonderful to see you ...boy's still singing?

We like when people show up .......alive. Married 54 years is amazing to me. If I total up ALL my marriages, it STILL does not get to 54 ~ I guess I should have started before I was born. :) ~ Curbie

How come you take back things you have said for SOME and then there are 'the others' ~ Hm :) Curb

Attachments

• !cid_004501c62a01$5fe64c20$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.jpg
    !cid_004501c62a01$5fe64c20$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 243
You got me there, kiddo. I used that again today and the guy didn't have much of a sense of humor. I had to splain pretty quick that I didn't say anything bad about him. I had to buy an oven element. I got a call a couple of weeks ago or so from a friend named Mary. She is Salvadore's wife and I hve mentioned Salvadore a number of times through the years. But Mary called me and asked if she got a new element for their range if I would put it in for them. I told her I would. I didn't hear anything back from her, so I called and asked what was happening. Dhe hadn't gotten the element yet and she called again a couple of days ago and said she couldn't get it out. I went over today and took it out and had to drive all the way to Beaverton, about 45 miles away to get the new element, but at least they were open. I got back to their place and installed the element and now they at least have an oven for Christmas.

I forgot to use the right message place to post a photo.

Attachments

• TRI17AC.jpg
    TRI17AC.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 252

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back